Ladies’ jackets – timeless classics, stylish and practical
They should be practical, yet also stylish and comfortable at the same time – ladies’ jackets from Esprit fulfil all of these requirements. Choose your favourites from various models such as trench coats, leather jackets or parkas. Which jacket suits which season? How should it fit? We will tell you.
Model overview: Which ladies’ jacket suits which season?
Each type of weather requires its own jacket. On hot summer days, ladies’ jackets can be thin and lightweight, while in winter, we’re glad when they are generously lined to keep us cosy and warm. During the transitional periods of spring and autumn, we need jackets that are neither too airy nor too heavy. Find the perfect ladies’ jacket for any time of the year in our overview below:
- Parkas: Parkas are suitable for wearing not only in spring and autumn, but in winter too. This is because Esprit’s models feature 3M® Thinsulate insulation to keep the heat in. We also have parkas made from lightweight cotton or nylon for warmer days. The longer cut, hood and commonly featured drawstring waist make them a great casual alternative to a coat. A snug knit jumper underneath will keep you warm on those really cold days.
- Woollen jackets: Ladies’ quilted woollen jackets – in an elegant A-line or casual with a zip and hood – are equally popular jackets for the transitional months. They are cut slightly shorter than a woollen coat and are just what you need when it’s that bit colder in the mornings and evenings.
- Leather jackets: timeless classics. The most popular choices are muted colours such as black, brown and beige. The robust material makes it the perfect jacket for autumn and spring. Team one with jeans and on-trend shoes such as ankle boots to create a cool outfit.
- Denim jackets: The denim jacket is surely an essential in any properly organised ladies’ wardrobe. On summer evenings, you can wear it over your summer dress or a jumpsuit, and denim jackets combine brilliantly with lightweight dress trousers. Whether you wear fitted or straight is up to you.
- Trench coats: for assured elegance. Whether beige, taupe or navy blue – ladies’ trench coats are classic, chic and extravagant all at the same time. Combine your favourite piece according to the occasion. Simple combinations of a striped shirt with blue jeans, or go for a smart look with a blouse and dress trousers. The cult trench coat is an absolute must-have in any wardrobe.
Long one day, short the next – popular jacket cuts for women
Short jackets are ideal for spring days and balmy summer evenings. Whether you go for a used-look denim jacket, lightweight cardigan or simply a waterproof hooded jacket, the choice is yours. Short leather jackets are a great choice teamed with airy summer dresses.
The colder the time of year, the longer the cut of the jacket should be. After all, a longer cut not only protects your upper body but also your legs from the cold.
Coats and parkas – with a longer cut by design – are therefore ideally suited to cold autumn days. A non-padded trench coat is a slightly more elegant choice and pairs well with smart outfits, making it the perfect autumn jacket. If it turns a touch cooler, you can order ladies’ quilted winter jackets in our Online Shop. A long-cut winter jacket will keep you warm and cosy from your neck down to the top of your thighs.
How to clean your jacket
As a constant companion every day, jackets are worn over and over again. To keep them looking good for longer, you should clean them regularly. You should bear in mind the following:
- Rule number one: Always check the manufacturer’s care instructions on the label.
- All pockets should be emptied before washing the jacket.
- Then fasten pockets and zips.
- Jackets made from organic cotton, viscose and polyester may be washed on a gentle cycle at 30 degrees.
- Denim jackets may be washed on a normal cycle at up to 40 degrees.
- To be on the safe side, woollen jackets and coats are to be hand-washed using a gentle detergent. Then wrap in a towel and wring out before laying flat to dry – do not use a dryer.
- Leather jackets should ideally be waterproofed before wearing. Simply treat with a universal spray outdoors and allow to soak in.
Whether made from cotton, leather, denim or viscose – the right care will help to preserve the quality of your ladies’ jackets for years to come, so you can enjoy the benefits of your practical fashion pieces whatever the weather.
Esprit Ladies’ Jackets – manufactured responsibly
Social and ecological responsibility is very important to us, and this is why we produce our ladies’ fashionwear in an eco-conscious way. You will increasingly find sustainable clothing made from organic cotton and recyclable materials in the Esprit Online Shop.
This is the only way we can help to protect our planet. For us, responsibility also means producing high-quality garments. This is why we have stood for high-quality and long-lasting fashion for 51 years. Thanks to our global trading in more than 650 stores across over 40 countries, our fashionwear is available to you wherever you are. It’s really easy to order from us in our Online Shop – and shipping is and climate-neutral too.